The Speyer Legacy School is a K-8 NYC Independent School designed to meet the educational and social emotional needs of accelerated learners. The school currently has an enrollment of 300 students and is located on 59th Street and Ninth Avenue on Manhattan’s West Side.
The Speyer Legacy School is seeking a Business Office Associate, who will be an integral part of the Business Office, interfacing with the school community and assisting to fulfill goals of the Business Office. The Business Office Associate provides support to the Director of Finance and Operations and Accounting and HR Manager as well as the school as a whole.
- Assist faculty and staff with procurement, including online orders.
- Track all shipments to ensure receipt of orders.
- Compare packing slips and vendor invoices to ensure accurate billing.
- Administer the School’s WB Mason and Amazon accounts.
- Register teachers and staff for Professional Development and assist with travel arrangements
- Complete and file credit applications as needed.
- Provide tax-exempt certificates to vendors, as needed.
- Place orders through NYC FAMIS Program and Bank Street Bookstore and manage FAMIS and Bank Street accounts.
- Order and maintain supplies for the staff and faculty
- Retrieve, open, and distribute the mail to the correct departments
- Review all employee reimbursement requests, and verify submissions are consistent with the School’s Travel and Expense Policy.
- Ensure that all purchase orders and reimbursement requests are properly coded and approved.
- Identify billing errors and work with vendors to resolve any discrepancies to ensure proper credits are given.
- Collate checks with invoices for signature, and mail signed checks in a timely manner.
- File all paid invoices.
- Collect and reconcile receipts to monthly credit card statements.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Maintain office files.
- Assist DFO and Accounting and HR Manager as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
The successful candidate must be highly organized, detail oriented, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work well with others. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite of Applications is required. Basic accounting knowledge and experience with QuickBooks is strongly preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three years of related work experience required.
This is a 12 month a year, full-time position. The Speyer Legacy School offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Speyer is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Resumes, accompanied by a letter of interest outlining how your experience aligns with the requirements of the position, may be submitted to email@example.com.